The purpose of this qualification is to provide learners with the knowledge and skills needed to be able to programme safe and effective exercise for both pre and postnatal clients, taking into account the physiological and biomechanical changes associated with pregnancy and the key health and safety considerations for pre and postnatal clients taking part in physical activity.
Learners must hold one of the following, or equivalent:
- Level 2 Certificate in Gym Instructing.
- Level 2 Certificate in Group Training.
- Level 3 Diploma in Personal Training.
- Level 3 Diploma in Instructing Pilates Matwork.
- Level 3 Diploma in Teaching Yoga.
Qualification and Unit Structure
Learners must complete both mandatory units.
This qualification provides progression to further specialist qualifications at Level 3.