Active IQ Level 3 Diploma in Personal Training (NEW)
£1600 incl. VAT
This qualification will further develop learners, who have existing knowledge and skills in gym instruction, to enable them to pursue a career in personal training. During the qualification learners will cover the following:
- Further knowledge of anatomy and physiology applicable to personal training.
- Lifestyle and medical factors that affect wellbeing.
- Effective communication skills for client consultations to encourage healthy lifestyle behaviours and strategies for change.
- Skills to plan and conduct physical activity sessions with different types of clients in a variety of environments with a range of resources.
- Legal and professional requirements for personal training.
- How to set up and manage a personal training business on a self-employed basis if they wish to.
- How to manage, evaluate and improve own performance.
- A suitable Level 2 qualification in Gym Instructing.
- The course requires physical exertion and individual participation is essential, therefore a degree of physical fitness is necessary.
- There is an element of communication (discussing, presenting, reading and writing) and maths involved, so learners should have basic skills in communication and maths pitched at Level 2 (as a minimum).
Qualification and Unit Structure
Learners must complete the six mandatory units.
Unit 1 > Applied anatomy and physiology for exercise, health and fitness F/615/4012
Unit 2 > The principles of nutrition and their application to exercise and health J/615/4013
Unit 3 > Understanding lifestyle, health, well-being and common medical conditions R/615/4015
Unit 4 > Encouraging positive health and fitness behaviours in clients Y/615/4016
Unit 5 > Programme design and delivery for personal training H/615/4018
Unit 6 > Professionalism and business acumen for personal trainers D/615/4020
Coursework, E-assessment, Multiple Choice Examination, Portfolio of Evidence, Practical Demonstration/Assignment.
This qualification provides progression on to:
- Active IQ Level 3 Diploma in Instructing Pilates Matwork.
- Active IQ Level 3 Diploma in Teaching Yoga.
- Level 4 special populations’ qualifications.
- Advanced Apprenticeship in Exercise and Fitness.
Learners may also progress onto qualifications in related sectors, like Sports Massage, where they will be provided with the knowledge and skills to practice sports massage alongside personal training in a health club environment or in their own business.
Alternatively, learners may broaden their knowledge and skills by progressing onto qualifications mapping to additional branches of the Level 3 Standards, such as Exercise Referral and Leisure Management.
The qualification will provide knowledge and practical skills to enhance provision alongside other academic courses such as: National Diploma in Sports Studies, A-level PE and HND in Sport and Leisure.