The aim of this qualification is to develop learners with existing knowledge and skills in gym instruction who would like to pursue a career in personal training.
- A suitable Level 2 qualification in Fitness Instructing (Gym).
- The course requires physical exertion and individual participation is essential, therefore a degree of physical fitness is necessary.
- There is also an element of communication (discussing, presenting, reading and writing) involved and learners should have basic skills in communication pitched at Level 2.
Qualification and Unit Structure
Unit 3 > Principles of exercise, fitness and health A/600/9017 (4 Credits)
Unit 5 > Applying the principles of nutrition to a physical activity programme L/600/9054 (6 Credits)
Unit 6> Programming personal training with clients F/600/9052 (7 Credits)
Unit 7 > Delivering personal training sessions J/600/9053 (9 Credits)
Unit 8 > Improving your business skills F/503/1798 (2 Credits)
Coursework, Multiple Choice Examination, Portfolio of Evidence.
This qualification provides progression to:
- Active IQ Level 3 Diploma in Exercise Referral
- Active IQ Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Personal Training
- Active IQ Level 3 Diploma in Instructing Pilates Matwork
- Active IQ Level 3 Diploma in Teaching Yoga